Gurukula Kangri Vishwavidyalaya is situated in Haridwar, India. This institution was started in 1902 by Swami Shraddhanandji. The purpose of the Gurukul Kangri is to bring back the ancient Indian Gurukul System of education.
www.pccegoa.org is an education news portal. We aren’t associated with Gurukul Kangri Vishwavidyalaya in any way.
The official website of Gurukul Kangri (Deemed to be a university) is www.gkv.ac.in from where you can get every information such as exam timetable, courses offered by the university, fee structure, infrastructure, exam result, hostel fee, important notices, etc.
Gurukul Kangri Vishwavidyalaya, Haridwar (GKV)
|Foundation Year||March 4, 1902|
|Started by||Swami Shraddhanand|
|UGC Approved||Yes (Deemed to be a university)|
Situated at the bank of the Ganga river, GKV is a signature institute with quality education. Currently, Gurukul Kangri is deemed to be a university fully funded by the University Grants Commission, Government of India.
Undergraduate Courses Offered by Gurukul Kangri
- B.A. Hon. (Vidyalankar & Vedalankar)
- Bachelor of Arts (B.A.)
- Bachelor of Physical Education and Sports (BPES)
- Bachelor of Physical Education (B.P.Ed.)
- Bachelor of Science (Maths & Science Group) (B.Sc.)
- Bachelor of Pharmacy (B.Pharma)
- Bachelor in Business Administration (BBA)
- Bachelor of Engineering & Technology (B.Tech.)
Post Graduate Courses Offered by Gurukula Kangri
- M.A. Veda
- M.A. Sanskrit
- M.A. Philosophy
- M.A. Yogic Science
- M.A. Ancient Indian History, Culture & Archaeology
- M.A. Jyotir Vigyan & Vedic Karmkand
- M.A. English
- M.A. Hindi
- M.A. Psychology
- M.Sc. Physics
- M.Sc. Chemistry
- M.Sc. Maths
- M.Sc. Environmental Science
- M.Sc. Microbiology
- M.B.A. (B.E.)
- M.B.A. (B.F.)
- M.A. Extension Education
Doctor of Philosophy (P.H.D.) Courses by Gurukul Kangri
- Ancient Indian History Culture and Archaeology
- Computer Science
- Environmental Science
- Hindi Literature
- Human Consciousness and Yogic Science
- Sanskrit Literature
- Vedic Literature
Certificate/Diploma Courses in Gurukul Kangri
- P.G. Diploma in Hindi Journalism
- P.G. Diploma in Yogic Science
- Certificate Course in Yoga
- Vedic Paurohitya-Karmkand (One Year)
- Certificate Course in Art and Happiness
- D. Pharm. (Two-year diploma course)
- Certificate Course in Sales Management
Latest Notices from Gurukula Kangri
Gurukul Kangri University, Haridwar, Uttarakhand is approved by UGC and given an “A” grade by NAAC as well. This institution has 24 academic departments ranging from Engineering, Science, Management, etc.
The Gurukul Kangri has four different campuses as listed below:
- Main Campus, Gurukula Kangri, Haridwar (Males)
- Kanya Campus, Haridwar (Females)
- Kanya Gurukul Mahavidhyalaya, Dehradun (Females)
- Faculty of Engineering and Technology, Haridwar (Males)
The Arya Samaj Monk named Swami Shraddhanand who also was a follower of Swami Dayananda Saraswati laid the foundation of this university which currently teaches thousands of students.
Frequently Asked Questions about GKV
Is Gurukul Kangri Haridwar a good college?
Yes, it’s a reputed institution with great infrastructure and a higher placement percentage. Based on the reviews submitted by the students over the internet, we can rate it 7 out of 10.
Who was the founder of Gurukul Kangri?
Swami Shraddhanand laid the foundation of GKV in 1902 with the mission to revive the ancient Indian Gurukul system of education in modern society.
Which are some noticeable alumni of GKV?
Nawazuddin Siddiqui, Baba Ramdev, Sudhakar Chaturvedi, Ami Chanda, Chetan Anand, Sadhi Prachi are some of the popular faces who achieved education from Gurukula Kangri.